The Norway Seminar
A two day seminar shot in Norway, covering 26 techniques from a variety of positions.
• The Granby Roll
The Granby Roll is a movement pattern that all grapplers should master.
• How to Recover Guard from Turtle
In this chapter I show you how to use the granby roll to get back to guard from the turtle position.
• Pin and Plank Guard Pass
One of my favorite guard passes, because it relies on structures and angles more than strength or speed.
• Knee Cut Pass
Another favorite guard pass. I show you the details that make it more reliable.
• Knee Cut Pass Prevention
I teach you how to use the granby roll to prevent the knee cut pass.
• Overhook Series: The Kimura
The overhook is a powerful way to control your opponents. The kimura is a classic finish from this position.
• Overhook Series: The Americana
The Americana is another classic finish we can get from the overhook.
• Overhook Series: Armdrag to the Barataplata
A fun and effective variation on the Omoplata.
• Overhook Series: Armdrag to Calf Slicer
An unexpected finish from the overhook.
• Overhook Series: Armdrag to the Truck
The Truck is a great control position with several finishing options.
• Overhook Series: Armdrag to the Back
An efficient way to get to the back, one of the most dominant positions in Jiu Jitsu.
• Armbar Defense
A look at some countering options when someone has you in spider web.
• Closed Guard Structure and Positioning
The most important structure that will allow you to pass the guard more easily.
• Closed Guard Passing
Once we shore up the position, guard passing is much easier.
• Opening the Closed Guard from Up on Your Toes
An interesting variation on opening the guard.
• Stack and Choke Pass
One of my favorite ways to pass the guard.
• Recovery when you get swept
How to deal with getting swept when you stand to pass the guard.
• Americana From Side Control
The iconic finish from side control. I'll teach you the details that will improve your finishing rate.
• Armbar From Side Control
The classic armbar set up from side control.
• North/South Choke
The classic choke popularized by Marcelo Garcia. It's a difficult choke to finish if you don't know the details.
• North/South Kimura Position
A dominant and high percentage position.
• Armbar from North/South Kimura Position
A classic finish from the N/S Kimura position.
• Arm Triangle from North/South Kimura Position
How to finish the arm triangle from the N/S Kimura position.
• North/South Armbar
A sneaky armbar when you are in North/South.
• Scissor Choke From North/South Kimura Position.
A high percentage finish when you are in North/South.